DIGITAL IMAGE MANIPULATION
DIGITAL IMAGING COMPOSITION
FINAL PHOTOSHOP FILE Must be saved as a (PSD)
MARKING RUBRIC HERE
WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO:
- Now that you have practised with selection tools, move tools, etc, during this skills unit, you will learn how to use a variety of Photoshop editing tools to manipulate/retouch photos (supplied images and/or your own photos), manipulate contrast using tools such as curves and levels.
- You will mimic the techniques used by professional photo editors to remove blemishes, etc. on an image and complete a series of retouching effects (see list below) to prepare for your final artistic Photoshop composite image.
- Minimal skills expected in this unit will include: "Stitching or Panoramic" 2 photos together, blending layers (another way to combine photos) as well as colour correction.
- See how it's done - DOVE EVOLUTION VIDEO
- LEARN - CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ADOBE TV PHOTOSHOP CS4 WEB TRAINING
- CAN YOU TELL? - CHECK OUT THE "FAKE OR PHOTO" CHALLENGE!
IMAGES FOR EDITING:
Project: Composite Imaging/Photoshop Art
- You will produce a creative Photoshop project that involves combining a number of digital images into a final composite piece of artwork.
- You will source out at least THREE (3) images and ONE (1) background image to use for your Photoshop composite or you may take your own photos using one of the class digital SLR cameras. Save your images to a new project folder on the "D" drive of your computer.
- Using a variety of Photoshop editing, layering and retouching tools, you will create an all-new composite image that carefully blends the separate images into a well designed, attractive digital project.
- You may also wish to significantly edit images using brush tools, filters, etc. to produce exciting effects.
- You will track all the major steps for your project, including significant editing procedures, etc. through the use of a work log (similar to the one used during the audio production project).
- ALL ORIGINAL SOURCE IMAGES (UNEDITED)
- FINAL PHOTOSHOP COMPOSITE IMAGE (PSD FILE - LAYERS INTACT)
- WORK/EDITING LOG
CLICK HERE TO VIEW SOME TRULY AMAZING PHOTOSHOP MANIPULATIONS!
AND HERE FOR SOME EPIC PHOTOSHOP FAILS!